The BSC Annual Conference 2020 will be in Liverpool
8-10 July 2020 (There will be a postgraduate event on July 7th)
The conference will be hosted by the University of Liverpool.
The website is now open and the call for papers will be open from Monday 2nd December 2019 and will close on Monday 16th March 2020.
Registration – Early bird packages for the conference will be available to book from Monday 2nd December 2019 with the standard registration opening on Wednesday 15th April 2020.
Confirmed keynote/plenary speakers:
- Professor Kerry Carrington (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professor Lesley McAra (University of Edinburgh and President of the ESC)
- Professor Setsuo Miyzawa (University of California and President of the Asian Criminology Society)
- Professor Nadera Shalhoub-Kevorkian (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Professor Sally Simpson (University of Maryland and President of the ASC)
- Professor Richard Sparks (University of Edinburgh)
- Professor Sandra Walklate (University of Liverpool and President of the BSC)
- Gary Younge (Journalist, Author and Broadcaster)
Further details available here now.
Previous recent conferences
2019 – BSC Annual Conference – Lincoln – Public Criminologies: Communities, Conflict and Justice
2018 – BSC Annual Conference – Birmingham – Transforming Criminology: Rethinking Crime in a Changing World
2017 – BSC Annual Conference -Sheffield – Forging Social Justice: Local Challenges, Global Complexities
2014 – BSC Annual Conference – Liverpool – Crime, Justice, Welfare: Can the Metropole listen?
2011 – BSC Annual Conference – Northumbria – Economies and Insecurities of Crime and Justice
2010 – BSC Annual Conference – Leicester – Human Rights, Human Wrongs: Dilemmas and Diversity in Criminology
2009 – BSC Annual Conference, Cardiff – A Mirror or a Motor? What is Criminology For?
2008 – BSC Annual Conference, Huddersfield – Criminological Futures: Controversies, Developments and Debate
2007 – BSC Annual Conference, London
2006 – BSC Annual Conference, Glasgow
2005 – BSC Annual Conference, Leeds – Re-Awakening the Criminological Imagination
2004 – BSC Annual Conference, Portsmouth
2003 – BSC Annual Conference, Bangor
2002 – BSC Annual Conference, Keele
The BSC conference, previously bi-annual, began to take place annually from 2002
2000 – BSC Annual Conference, Leicester
1999 – BSC Annual Conference, Liverpool
1997 – BSC Conference, Belfast
1995 – BSC Conference, Loughborough
1993 – BSC Conference, Cardiff
1991 – BSC Conference, York
1989 – BSC Conference, Bristol
1987 – BSC Conference, Sheffield
Turning Presentations into Publications
Vicky Heap (Chair), Zöe James, Louise Westmarland, Nic Groombridge, Carina O’Reilly, Kate Strudwick, Charlotte Harris and Helen Jones.