This prize will not be awarded in 2019
This award acknowledges and encourages excellence in policing research and scholarship by early career members of the BSC (as defined in the eligibility criteria below). In particular, the panel looks for a valuable contribution to the field of policing studies through the publication of sole-authored journal article.
- Applicants must be the sole author of a peer reviewed journal article;
- Applicants must also be early career academics. This is defined as (i) someone currently holding a teaching or research position at a university or other higher education institution, and who is within five years of his or her first appointment to any such position OR (ii) a postgraduate student or someone within five years of completing their PhD.
- The article must be on the police or policing
- The article must be published within the last twelve months i.e. between 1 January and 31 December of the award year.
- Applicants and those who nominate them must be members of the BSC.
- Applicants may nominate themselves, though others may nominate them with the applicant’s permission.
How to apply: See Policing Network prize page